Saturday, March 2, 2013

Evening meeting meditation

Dance and celebrate
The  Evening Meeting is the time when everyone comes together to dance and celebrate and then to sit silently.
The meditation starts with 10 minutes of high energy celebration where everybody is invited to participate and dance with totality.

It reaches its climax with three shouts "Osho, Osho, Osho". In this context "Osho" is used as a sound, which helps to raise the energy even higher. He says of the word Osho, "It is not my name, it is a healing sound derived from William James' 'oceanic.'"                      
Silence

This is followed by ten minutes of sitting silently with closed eyes. The more totality is brought to the celebration, the deeper the silence will go.
During this time music alternates with silence, which is ended by three loud drumbeats.
The silent sitting then continues to the sound of an Osho Videotape.

Why do people listen to Osho every day? Actually they don't listen to his words, they listen to the silence between his words.Osho speaks so as to create silence in the listener.
"My speaking is one of my devices for meditation. Speaking has never been used this way before; I speak not to give you a message, but to stop your mind functioning…
"And it is not only here, but far away...anywhere in the world where people will be listening to the video or to the audio, they will come to the same silence. As you listen to music, listen to me that way. Don't listen to me as you listen to a philosopher; listen to me as you listen to the birds. Listen to me as you listen to a waterfall. Listen to me as you listen to me as you listen to the winds blowing through the pines. Listen to me not through the discursive mind, but through the participant heart. And then something that you are continuously feeling is missing will not be missed.
"Put the mind aside. While listening to me, don't try to understand, just listen silently. Don't figure out whether what I am saying is true or not true. Don't be bothered with it's truth or untruth. I am not asking you to believe in it so there is no need to think about it's truth or untruth. Listen to me as you listen to the birds singing or the wind passing through the pine trees or the sound of running water. " Osho, The Invitation #14







1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.