Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Osho : "Forget me and forgive me."

Can there be a death anniversary of one who is " never born and never died" ? Sounds ridiculous, isn't it?

When people try to fix Osho into a birth and death pattern, this is what happens -- it looks ridiculous.  Osho

says, death is a fiction . It means we have to drop our old habit of mourning  if we really want to understand Osho.

Osho  is a visionary that has become the vision. This is why Osho consciousness lives on,  it is timeless.

Once someone asked hm : " How Would You Like To Be Remembered?"

Osho said :  "I would simply like to be forgiven and forgotten. There is no need to remember me. The need is to remember yourself! People have remembered Gautam Buddha and Jesus Christ and Confucius and Krishna. That does not help. So what I would like: forget me completely, and forgive me too -- because it will be difficult to forget me. That's why I am asking you to forgive me for giving you the trouble.

"Remember yourself.

"And don't be bothered about historians and all kinds of neurotic people -- they will do their thing. It is none of our concern at all."

  Transmission of the Lamp, Chapter 29, Question 1

No comments: